What are Custom Attributes?
Custom Attributes allow you to add unique attributes to existing Product Types. For example, one Product Type that you may have is Smartphones. If you wish to add custom attributes to this product such as Secondary Display for your Smartphones listing, you can do this through custom attributes.
How to add Custom Attributes
- To add Custom Attributes, go to Product > Attributes from your side navigation panel.
- Click the “Add Attribute” button on the top right corner. You can now create a new attribute and select its Type (there are a few you can choose from).
- Once you have done this, go to Products > Types. Here, select the Product Type for which you have created the Custom Attribute. In our case, it will be Smartphones.
- Clicking on the relevant Product Type will lead you to the next page where your new Custom Attribute will appear in a box under Unassigned Attributes. Drag the attribute and drop it under Assigned Attributes.
- This new Custom Attribute will now appear every time you add a product to this product type, in our case: Smartphones.